- Get Certified
- About MSNCB
- About the Exam
- CMSRN Resources
- Prepare for the Exam
Exam Permit and Scheduling
Prior to your Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN®) exam, you will receive information from the testing agency, Center for Nursing Education and Testing (C-NET), depending on the method of exam administration.
Approximately two (2) weeks prior to the test date your examination permit will be mailed to you. The exam permit will include the test date, test site address, and the time you should report. You must bring your permit with you on the day of your exam. Exam managers are instructed to admit only those candidates who are listed on the attendance roster for the test site.
If you have not received your examination permit three (3) days (72 hours) prior to the exam date, email C-NET at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately and request that a duplicate exam permit be sent to you by email.
Approximately eight weeks after submitting your application, C-NET will send you an examination permit. Application must be complete to be processed in this time frame. This permit will contain information about how to contact the testing center company to schedule your exam and the expiration date of the 90-day window assigned to you.
If you have not received your examination permit after eight (8) weeks of your registration date, call C-NET at 800-463-0786 immediately. It is the candidate's responsibility to contact C-NET.
- Bring a photo ID (e.g. driver's license). The name on your application must match the name on your government issues photo ID. If they do not match, bring supporting documentation of your name change.
- You are not required to bring a copy of your nursing license.
- Permits mailed to military with APO/FPO addresses typically take longer to arrive.
- If you lose your permit, notify C-NET immediately and request that a duplicate exam permit be sent to you.
- If you are denied testing because you do not have your permit or your photo ID, your application payment will be forfeited.