- Get Certified
- About MSNCB
- About the Exam
- CMSRN Resources
- CMSRN Certified Directory
- Certificates, Pins, and Frames
- Certification Central Email Newsletter
- Employer Toolkit
- Inactive or Retired Status
- Track Your Contact Hours
- Benefits of Certification
- Benefits of Certification for Employers
- CMSRN Appreciation
- Ways to Earn Contact Hours
- My Information
- Newest CMSRNs
- Prepare for the Exam
- Get Recertified
- CCCTM Exam
Resources to Help You Study
Our affiliated professional association the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) has produced several excellent study resources for the Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN®) exam. They vary on material, learning styles, and cost.
Medical-Surgical Nursing Review Questions, 3rd Edition
- a great start to studying. It has over 340 questions with the rationale for each correct answer. The questions are sectioned by body system so you see your strengths and weaknesses. This is great for a candidate who doesn't know how much to study and wants to gauge her or his knowledge before investing money in other study guides. For those that aren't good testers, or who are concerned about the exam itself, it is a valuable tool.
Core Curriculum for Medical-Surgical Nursing, 5th Edition - a med-surg reference textbook. Presented in an easy-to-use topic and outline format, this comprehensive resource provides the foundational body of knowledge for medical-surgical nursing practice. Each chapter begins with the key points necessary for comprehension and success on the certification exam. 600+ pages in 29 chapters. A nurse who hasn't acquired a med-surg textbook recently may find this useful.
Visit the AMSN Online Store to learn more.
Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Review Course - a 2-day Certification Review Course presented by AMSN faculty. Available live or recorded. This would be helpful for someone who learns best by lecture.