- Get Certified
- About MSNCB
- About the Exam
- CMSRN Resources
- CMSRN Certified Directory
- Certificates, Pins, and Frames
- Certification Central Email Newsletter
- Employer Toolkit
- Inactive or Retired Status
- Track Your Contact Hours
- Benefits of Certification
- Benefits of Certification for Employers
- CMSRN Appreciation
- Ways to Earn Contact Hours
- My Information
- Newest CMSRNs
- Prepare for the Exam
- Get Recertified
- CCTM Exam
Resources to Help You Study
Our affiliated professional association the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) has produced several excellent study resources for the Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN®) exam. They vary on material, learning styles, and cost.
Medical-Surgical Nursing Review Questions, 3rd Edition
- a great start to studying. It has over 350 questions with the rationale for each correct answer. The questions are sectioned by body system so you see your strengths and weaknesses. This is great for a candidate who doesn't know how much to study and wants to gauge her or his knowledge before investing money in other study guides. For those that aren't good testers, or who are concerned about the exam itself, it is a valuable tool.
Core Curriculum for Medical-Surgical Nursing, 2009 - a med-surg textbook. At over 500 pages, it covers the factors and systems of medical-surgical nursing by chapter. For a nurse who hasn't acquired a med-surg textbook in the past 4 years, he or she may find this useful.
Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Review Course - our faculty presenting the Certification Review Course. This would be helpful for someone who learns best by listening.
Visit the AMSN Online Store to learn more.