The purpose of the CCCTM® of Distinction Award is to nationally recognize a registered nurse who is Certified in Care Coordination and Transition Management (CCCTM) and exemplifies the mission, vision and core values of the Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB™).
This award acknowledges a registered nurse who is dedicated to promoting and communicating the value of certification by providing education and support to peers, a healthcare organization, patients and/or the community.
To be eligible for this award:
The Nominee must:
- Be a registered nurse (RN).
- Be certified in Care Coordination and Transition Management (CCCTM).
- Be currently practicing in a care coordination and transition management role.
- Be knowledgeable of the issues related to certification.
The Nominee promotes nursing excellence through precepting, mentoring and encouraging certification. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Serving as a role model for certification.
- Motivating and encouraging peers to attain certification.
- Assisting others to prepare for the CCCTM exam, e.g., study groups, review classes, providing resources.
- Being knowledgeable in the issues related to certification.
- Promoting certification to employer.
- Providing recognition activities for certified nurses.
Current members of the MSNCB Board, Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses Board, and American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing Board, staff, and the members of the CCCTM of Distinction Award Review Team are not eligible for this award.
- The nominee may self-nominate or be nominated by a nursing colleague or supervisor (the Nominator).
- The nominator should complete the application and provide all supporting information related to specific questions.
- All nominations must be submitted electronically through the nomination form (open during application period).
- The nominee’s name should appear only in the information section of the application form to allow for a blinded, unbiased review of the nomination.
- The nomination form should include specific examples of the nominee’s qualifications.
- Selection is based solely on the information provided.
- All information will remain confidential.
- The award recipient and nominator will be notified by December 31th.
- The award recipient will be asked to submit a picture for recognition at the annual meeting.
- Applications are accepted September 1 through September 30.
- Application submission for the 2019 CCCTM of Distinction Award is closed.
- An inscribed commemorative award.
- Non-transferrable complimentary AMSN or AAACN annual meeting registration (only if attending the annual meeting in the year of the award).
- A $1,500 honorarium to be used for expenses to attend the AMSN or AAACN annual meeting in the year of the award (must attend the annual meeting to receive the honorarium).
Nominations received by September 30th will undergo a blinded review by the CCCTM of Distinction Award Review Team using established scoring tools. The recipient will be notified by MSNCB, and a written letter will follow from the President of MSNCB.
Number of Awards
One CCCTM of Distinction Award will be presented each year only when a nominee meets the award criteria. If there are no nominees meeting the criteria, the award will not be presented.