The Certified in Care Coordination and Transition Management (CCCTM®) credential is valid for five years. Recertify to maintain the CCCTM credential.
Begin planning for recertification soon after becoming certified so that you have plenty of time to earn contact hours.
First, determine how you want to recertify:
- Continuing education
- Take the CCCTM exam again
CCCTM Recertification Guide
Download this handy guide for all you need to know about CCCTM recertification.
The CCCTM Tracker
When you choose to recertify by continuing education, the CCCTM Tracker is your online resource for planning, tracking, and applying for recertification. If you haven't become familiar with the Tracker, log in and take a look around. It's a simple tool that packs a lot of convenience.
Recertification Planning Tips for Continuing Education
1. Review the eligibility criteria
All of the recertification eligibility criteria must be met at the time of application. You are eligible if you:
- Hold a current CCCTM certification and
- Hold an unencumbered RN license and
- Have accrued 1,000 practice hours in a care coordination and transition management setting in the last 5 years and
- Have earned 90 contact hours in the last 5 years
2. Learn about acceptable contact hours
At least 68 contact hours must be specific to care coordination and/or transition management. You may have all 90 contact hours in this category without any professional development.
3. Set a goal for earning contact hours soon after certification
Your certification expiration date helps determine your plan for earning contact hour activity. Know your expiration date and be aware that applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to certification expiration to avoid a late fee.
A helpful formula to stay on top of earning contact hours is to divide the 90 required contact hours by the number of years left on your certification. For example, if you are 3 years out, you should complete 30 contact hours per year. Adjust the formula to suit your date.
4. Earn your contact hours and self-report in your CCCTM Tracker throughout your five year certification period
Allow up to 10 business days for self-reported contact hours to be reviewed and verified.
5. Verify all criteria have been met
Use the CCCTM Tracker to be sure you have enough contact hours to apply and that your employment information is updated.
6. Apply right from your Tracker when all eligibility criteria are met
When your 90 contact hours have been entered and verified, you've entered the required employment information, and you are within the application time frame, the online application can be accessed from your Tracker.
You are eligible for recertification starting one year prior to and up to one year after your current certification expiration date (with late fee).