Medical-surgical nurses focus every day on caring compassionately for patients and families. The Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) has designated a special week, November 1-7, to shift that focus to the nurses themselves.
The Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB) partners with AMSN to celebrate the specialty of medical-surgical nursing during this week.
How Medical-Surgical Nurses Make a Difference
- Build the profession of nursing and the medical-surgical nursing specialty
- Mentor and nurture each other
- Advocate for patients and families at the local and national levels
- Serve their communities through care and education
- Promote medical-surgical nursing certification, resulting in better and safer health care
- Improve patient care through evidence-based practice
- Speak, write, and conduct research to inspire and educate others