If you take the CMSRN exam from March 1, 2023 through May 30, 2023, you will not receive your exam score until the end of May 2023.
The CMSRN exam will be based on the updated 2023 CMSRN Exam Blueprint as of March 1, 2023.
Why Become A Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN)?
It Just Fits.
The CMSRN credential:
- Fits you. Your expert status gives you credibility and confidence.
- Fits your patients. They receive the highest standard of medical-surgical nursing care. Your credential boosts their trust.
- Fits your facility. Certified nurses achieve better outcomes. Your facility benefits from a strong reputation.
- Fits your future. You’ve got an edge in a competitive job market and increased earning power.
- RN with a current US license
- and practiced 2 years as an RN in a medical-surgical setting
- and accrued 2,000 hours of practice within past 3 years
- Regular Fee - $375.
- AMSN Member Fee - $255.
- FailSafe™ participants - No upfront application fees.
- Submit your application.
- Receive Authorization to Test (ATT) by email within 3-5 days after submitting application.
- ATT contains the Certification Application link which will take you to the Prometric scheduling portal. Use the portal to schedule, reschedule, or cancel your exam. You have 90-days to take the exam.
- Review MSNCB's scheduling policies to avoid incurring extra charges or forfeiting your exam fees.
- Avoid upfront cost of the exam and fear of failure through this Facility Based Program.
- You get more than one chance to pass.