Why Become A Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN)?
It Just Fits.
The CMSRN credential:
- Fits you. Your expert status gives you credibility and confidence.
- Fits your patients. They receive the highest standard of medical-surgical nursing care. Your credential boosts their trust.
- Fits your facility. Certified nurses achieve better outcomes. Your facility benefits from a strong reputation.
- Fits your future. You’ve got an edge in a competitive job market and increased earning power.
- RN with a current US license
- and practiced 2 years as an RN in a medical-surgical setting
- and accrued 2,000 hours of practice within past 3 years
- Regular Fee - $375.
- AMSN Member Fee - $255.
- FailSafe™ participants - No upfront application fees.
- Submit your application.
- Receive Authorization to Test (ATT) by email within 3-5 days after submitting application.
- ATT contains the Certification Application link which will take you to the Prometric scheduling portal. Use the portal to schedule, reschedule, or cancel your exam. You have 90-days to take the exam.
- Review MSNCB's scheduling policies to avoid incurring extra charges or forfeiting your exam fees.
- Avoid upfront cost of the exam and fear of failure through this Facility Based Program.
- You get more than one chance to pass.